Horticulture CRSP Trellis Fund
Goal: The goal of the Horticulture CRSP Trellis Fund is to link horticultural graduate students in the U.S. to agricultural NGOs/universities/government agencies in developing countries, and enable these organizations to extend new ideas to 1,800 farmers worldwide.
Scope: Trellis Fund proposals can address:
- horticultural production
- pest management
- marketing issues
- horticultural-related community development
Methodology: The developing world organization will identify a horticultural problem facing local farmers and the type of expertise they seek in a U.S. graduate student. The organization will create a project proposal and the Trellis Fund will match awarded organizations to a horticultural graduate student and fund their farmer outreach program.
Download request for proposals and budget template
Funding: The Trellis Fund will offer:
· $2,000 contracts to the developing world organization to extend horticultural research to local farmers and horticultural stakeholders.
· $1,500 fellowships to graduate students in horticulture and related programs for corresponding with the developing world organization via email. The graduate student will be encouraged to spend their fellowship on a trip to meet their counterparts and their clientele farmers to gain a better understanding of the on-the-ground situation.
· Africa: Uganda, Zambia, Rwanda, Kenya, Malawi, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Senegal, Ghana, Mali and Liberia
· Central America/Caribbean: Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras and Haiti
· Asia: Bangladesh, Tajikistan, Nepal and Cambodia
· More Information: Proposals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 4th 2011. For clarifications and questions
If you are seeking funds / grants for your NGO then,
click here to register your NGO in skf NGO directory or write to: email@example.com
SUDESH KUMAR FOUNDATION
The Vegan Organization for Social Justice