The United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN-HABITAT) has launched the third round of funding for the UN-HABITAT Urban Youth. The Fund has been established with the support of the Government of Norway.
It provides grants up to USD 25,000 to youth-led projects piloting innovative approaches to employment, good urban governance, shelter and secure tenure.
The Urban Youth Fund aims to assist youth-led organizations to develop and implement projects that will contribute to sustainable urbanization in the developing world. The fund further aims to document best practices from successful youth-led projects, and create greater awareness of the need for youth mainstreaming in development policies and strategies.
The Urban Youth Fund has an annual budget of USD 1 million allocated for grants to youth-led projects in the developing world. Grassroots initiatives and projects are eligible for grants up USD 25,000.
1. Youth-led organizations (aged 15-32 years old).
2. Legally registered with relevant national, regional or local authority. Non-profit, non-governmental organization.
3. NGOs should be from developing countries: registered in Africa, Latin-America and Caribbean, Asia, Oceania
4. NGO should have girls and young women in decision-making at all levels of the organization
5. a valid bank account in the name of the NGO
6. NGO cannot be affiliated with political parties, or be a religious evangelization organization
* Your project must contribute to sustainable urban development within one of the following areas:
a. Promoting youth participation in urban governance;
b. Piloting innovative approaches to adequate shelter and secure tenure for youth;
c. Promoting entrepreneurship and employment for youth;
d. Supporting the development of youth networks on sustainable urban development
* Projects must be implemented within a city or town with more than 10,000 inhabitants
* Projects must target disadvantaged youth with fewer opportunities, especially those living in urban slums.
* Projects must include girls and young women among targeted beneficiaries.
* The project should not start before January 2012, and last for 7-12 month.
HOW TO APPLY
 Register online here: http://www.unhabitatyouthfund.org/
 fill out the online application form (in English, French or Spanish)
 Cover letter (signed and stamped by your organization)
April 15, 2011 (12.00 p.m. GMT)
If you are seeking funds / grants for your NGO then,
click here to register your NGO in skf NGO directory or write to: email@example.com
SUDESH KUMAR FOUNDATION