EEP Mekong Third Call for Proposals for Renewable Energy, Waste-to-Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects, 17 January – 11 March 2011
The Energy and Environment Partnership Programme with the Mekong Region (EEP Mekong – 2009-2012) is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and the Nordic Development Fund. It aims at supporting wider provision and use of renewable energy and combating climate change. This is done by providing funding for projects, studies, capacity development and information-sharing related to the issues.
EEP is a demand-driven programme and promotes public-private partnership. The mission recognized, among other thematic areas, several project ideas in the renewable energy sector which are in line with the Finnish development objectives and the Millennium Development Goals (MDCs). The EEP Mekong concept would be based on an existing EEP Programme that had been successfully operating in Central America since 2004.
EEP operates nationally and regionally. The programme facilitates utilisation of technical know-how and renewable energy technology (RET). It also promotes development of innovative and sustainable financing mechanisms for renewable energy (RE) services. The programme aims to enhance business partnerships between partner countries/agencies.
Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam
EEP Mekong Overall Objectives
· Improved access to energy and energy services in the Mekong region.
· Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
The EEP contribution is principally aimed to supplement applicants' own funding as a non-reimbursable grant. Project Developer co-funding contributions will affect positively on the approval of the project proposals. The EEP contribution to the project could be a maximum of 200 000 euros, depending on the type of the project.
The total budget for phase 1 of the programme is EUR 7.9 million.
Who can apply for funding
NGOs, companies, public and private initiatives, research centres and consulting companies are all eligible to apply for EEP's project financing. To enhance technology transfer, cooperation between donor countries and local project developers is encouraged, but not compulsory.
Technical focus areas
· Renewable energy
· Energy efficient technology development and use
· Modern energy and clean technology
· Electricity from renewable energy sources
· Private companies and service providers.
· Public sector initiatives, NGO's, cooperatives.
· Private companies, consultants, public sector initiatives and service providers.
· Universities and research organizations.
· Pilot and demonstration projects on rural RE.
· Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for renewable power, energy efficiency and waste to-energy.
· Pilot and demonstration projects on energy efficiency and waste-to energy.
· Strategic studies for RE and energy efficiency development.
The Partnership's contribution may cover the following types of expenses
· Technical services and consultancies
· Travel expenses
· Vocational training programs
· Equipment and materials for the project
· Project promotion and dissemination
EEP provides seed money to various types of RE Energy and Environment activities, which meet its criteria.
If you are seeking funds / grants for your NGO then,
click here to register your NGO in skf NGO directory or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The NGO Funding Consultants
SUDESH KUMAR FOUNDATION