Instructions for filing online FC-1A Form for Application for seeking Prior Permission to accept foreign contribution by an Association having a definite cultural, economic, educational, religious or social programme under Sec. 6 of the FC(R) Act, 1976.
1. For online filing of application form for seeking Prior Permission a user ID is required to be created.
2. After successful registration applicant/user can login to the ‘FCRA Online Services’ and select the option for the type of application you wish to fill and click ‘Login’. For online submission of application for seeking Prior Permission (FC-1A Form), select the option ‘FC-1A Prior Permission’.
3. After the successful login, FCRA Prior Permission Menu will be displayed.
4. The FC-1A form has been divided in four parts to facilitate simple online filing of application for grant of Prior Permission under Sec. 6 of the FC(R) Act, 1976.
5. Start with Click at ‘Prior Permission’ of the menu item or ‘Click here to file Prior Permission’. Fill in the requisite details in the Form FC-1A. Click ‘Save and Next’ after filling the details, the details will be saved and next part is displayed to fill the details of Executive Committee/Governing Council, etc.
6. If you have already filled in the details and application has not been finally submitted the Ministry then click at ‘Click here to complete’ to continue filing the FC-1A online. The menu will also provide the details of the previous applications filed by the association along with their status. This screen also provides the latest status of the FC-1A submission to the Ministry by the association.
7. Fill in the details of the members of the Executive Committee/Governing Council etc. followed by click at button ‘Add ‘. The details will be shown in the lower part of the screen.
Details shown in the lower portion of screen can be updated by clicking the ‘Edit‘ link provided in the requisite row. The details will be shown in the top portion of the screen. Modify the details as needed followed by click on the ‘Update‘ button. For deleting the details ‘Delete’ link of the requisite row may be clicked.
The details of all members of Executive Committee/Governing Council, etc. are necessary for submitting the application. After completing the details ‘Save details and Next’ may be clicked, the details will be saved and third part is displayed
8. Fill in the requisite details of the Form FC-1A, the button ‘Save and Next’ may be clicked. The filled details will be saved and last part of the Form FC-1A will be displayed.
9. Filing the requisite details in the FC-1A pertaining to donors. Fill in the requisite donor details and click at ‘Add Donor‘. The details of donor will be saved and information displayed at the lower portion of the screen. Fill in the details of additional donors, if any. Details shown in the lower portion of screen can be updated by clicking the ‘Edit‘ link provided in the requisite row. The details will be shown in the top portion of the screen. Modify the details as needed followed by click on the ‘Update‘ button. For deleting the details ‘Delete’ link of the requisite row may be clicked.
Please check thoroughly the filled details in part 1 to 4. If the filled in details are correct then click at ‘Final Submit to the Ministry’ may be clicked to submit the application to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
10. Click ‘Print Application’ option of the menu item to print the filled-in Form FC-1A. It will show the details filled by you. Printout of the same may be taken which needs to be signed and submitted to Ministry of Home Affairs along with relevant enclosures expeditiously.
11. Enclose following documents, wherever applicable, along with the signed copy of application before submitting that to Ministry of Home Affairs.
i. Copy of Registration Certificate under the relevant statute, Memorandum of Association or Trust deed, as the case may be.
ii. Commitment letter from the donor(s).
iii. Project Report along with budget break-up as per Column 8(ii)..
iv. If functioning as editor, owner, printer or publisher of a publication registered under the Press and Registration of Books Act, 1867, a certificate from the Press Registrar that the publication is not a newspaper in terms of section 1(1) of the said act.
v. Certificate of the competent recommending authority on official stationery under signature and seal on prescribed format in original (this is optional). This certificate facilitates early disposal of the case.
vi. Any additional information which applicant wishes to submit.
vii. A copy of FC-3 Returns in respect of all the foreign contribution received earlier with the prior permission of MHA.
viii. Please attach all the enclosures and bind them with the application duly numbered starting from covering letter.
12. Furnish information exactly in the manner asked for in the Form FC-1A, especially the names and addresses of the members of the Executive Committee/Governing Council etc.
13. Submit the hard copy of the completed application along with relevant documents within 7 days of submission of online application to the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
14. Click ‘How to apply’ to get the instructions regarding how to file and submit the FC-1A Form.
15. Click ‘Change Password’ of the menu to change your password. The new password will be effective from next login.
16. Click ‘Logout’ to stop using FCRA Online Services.
The Global NGO Consultants
SUDESH KUMAR FOUNDATION