Anandana – The Coca-Cola India Foundation is committed to sustainable development and inclusive growth by focusing on issues relating to water, the environment, healthy living and social advance so that it can contribute to a strong and resolute India enabling the common man to better his or her life.
In order to promote the Anandana Foundation's objectives, monetary grants and other assistance will be provided to NGOs, beneficiary organizations, cooperatives, philanthropies and such others who can be suitable partners in implementing projects for social welfare across the Country.
Wherever possible, the Anandana Foundation will seek to ensure project execution, maintenance and sustainability through the active involvement and direct participation of the beneficiary community at the grass-root level.
ANANDANA* (in Sanskrit) means 'delightful'. The motif gives a visual identity to the Foundation's objectives. Its symbol connotes a feeling of 'coming together in a joint delightful. The type face used gives the Foundation an Indian feel to connote the Indian initiative. The colours used in the logo are orange, green and blue. These colours give a feeling of positivity, growth and environmental development.
AREAS OF FOCUS OF ANANDANA –
•Watershed Management, Protection and Development
•Purification of the riverine system
•Creation of Integrated Water Bodies
•Water resources education
Climate Control / Environment
•Creation of non-conventional energy assets
•Extension of forest cover
•Protection of biodiversity
•Waste management in ecologically fragile areas
•Spreading awareness of low carbon economy in community
•Promoting fitness and active lifestyles in society
•Addressing problem of hidden malnutrition
•Advocating indigenous system of healthcare
•Devoting attention to needs of physically/ mentally challenged
Inclusive Social Development
•Promotion of literacy programs in backward areas
•Protecting and preserving the national heritage
National Campaign to promote social messages
The Foundation will support national campaigns that build awareness on important issues contributing to the socio-economic development of the Country.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRANT –
Organizations requesting grants from the Foundation would be required to meet the following criterion prior to submission of any proposal to the Foundation:
1. The organization should have been in existence for a minimum of 5 years.
2. The organization should be registered as a Trust/Society/not-for-profit company under applicable law that implements social development projects in India.
3. The organization should have a Governing Board/ Council and should disclose the profile of the Board Members including the Chairperson, Directors and key employees of the organization.
4. The organization should have a proven track record in the delivery of quality services in specific fields, good implementation history, capacity of personnel to manage the project on prescribed schedules and targets.
5. The organization should have a good working relationship and contacts with the communities.
6. The organization should not be affiliated with any political party.
7. The organization should ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
8. The organization should follow transparent accounting practices. It should provide signed audited statements along with the statutory auditor's reports.
9. As a part of their grant application, the organization must develop a concrete plan of action towards long-term sustainability of the projects and possible replication.
10. The objective of the project/program should be consistent with the objectives of the Coca-Cola India Foundation.
11. The beneficiaries of the projects must primarily be the poor, the backward/ the tribals, the underprivileged, the physically challenged, and the socially deprived.
12. The project should have defined indicators / milestones, which will monitor the performance against stated objectives.
Acceptance of Proposals and Release of Grant –
Acceptance of Applications
If a proposal is being considered for a grant, the applicant would be intimated in this regard within six to eight weeks from the date of receipt of the proposal. Once the grant is approved by the Board of Directors, the Foundation will request the applicant, to sign a GRANT AGREEMENT based on mutually agreed terms and conditions.
Applications are considered throughout the calendar year i.e. from January to December each year. However, if the Foundation receives requests far in excess of its ability to give funding, some grant requests may be denied. Qualified organizations which are declined may also reapply after a gap of six months.
Release of Grant
The disbursement of the funds shall be on the basis of the milestones set forth in the Grant Agreement.
The Foundation will ensure proper monitoring and audit of all funds sanctioned. The audit shall be conducted by independent auditors appointed for this purpose by the Board of Directors. In addition, the Foundation will conduct periodic social audits of the projects through direct participation of the beneficiaries. This process, known as Jan Sunwayi or Public Hearing, is a tool for gauging public opinion.
Coca-Cola India Foundation
Enkay Towers, Udyog Vihar Phase V
Gurgaon 122 016 , Haryana
Tel : 0124 – 234 8041/ 478 5069
IMPORTANT: Please do not send unsolicited emails seeking funding support to donor agencies. This will discredit your organization and can also bring bad reputation to you as an individual. Fundraising is a competitive process and you need to follow ethics and not spam donor emails with long, unrelated requests for grant support. If you just keep sending emails seeking support without knowing your donor, your chances of raising funds for your NGO will be drastically reduced and you may be blacklisted as a spammer.
The Global NGO Consultants
SUDESH KUMAR FOUNDATION